Home made Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: approximately 60 minutes
Serving size: 4 people (depends if they’re eating champs)
Calories: 272 calories per slice
- 1 1/2 cup Flour (Whole wheat I definitely would like to try with almond meal/flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (unfortunately I used baking powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 large egg (I used pure egg white which is 3 TB)
- 2 TB of quinoa (you can also use flaxseed)
- 2 TB tomato paste (again I substituted & cheated with tomato sauce by Classico)
- 5 cloves of garlic (through trial and error 5 pieces was too much, just use about 2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- fresh mushrooms
- sun dried tomato
- green olives (i had to pit them myself)
- crumbled feta and grated cheddar cheese (depends on your preference, I love cheese but I know I will go over board, so I only had about two light handfuls of grated cheese )
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (whole wheat, baking soda, salt, and quinoa). On the other hand, mix the eggs and coconut oil. Once everything is mixed, combine the two.
2. Start kneading the dough until everything is all mixed up and ready to get thrown on the pan. Have the oven ready at 350 degrees.
3. In this case I used a cookie pan since that’s all I have in the kitchen. I flattened out the dough. Since this was my first time, I baked the dough first (for 60 minutes, which was too long) then added the toppings. Next time I am going to attempt baking the dough for about 30 minutes and perhaps in between, I will add the toppings. Whichever way I am sure will work fine.
4. I also sprayed the pan with olive oil. If you bake the dough in 60 minutes, it came out well done, like really well done.
5. I took the tomato paste (or in my case the sauce) in a blender, with the garlic, onions and EVOO. Due to me using the spaghetti sauce and great amount of garlic, the color of the sauce was lighter than a usual dark bloody red. Which I will have to use tomato paste next time.
6. As you can see, with this great amount of sauce, I had left over, I also added one small tomato, the amount of garlic I tried, was a little too much and made the color of the tomato lighter, so don’t freak out. If it is lighter, that is probably the reason why. Next time I will try not to use so much garlic, which is why I suggested 3 pieces instead of 5. I had only used half a batch of the tomato sauce as well as the toppings.
That’s pretty much it! Enjoy!
God bless you all.
I would’ve filmed, but my mom had company over. You may also find a clip on Vine: jennafaw.